Treat your family and friends with some sweet delicious recipes this Christmas! Here are some of the traditional Christmas desserts.
This is an incredibly easy and lovely Christmas dessert recipe – half an hour of preparation, 10 minutes to cook and 1 hour in the fridge to make two houses right from a fairy-tale!
For the cookies (walls and a door), you will need:
- Three cups of unbleached flour;
- A tablespoon of ginger;
- A teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of cinnamon;
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg;
- Half a teaspoon of salt;
- Three-quarters of a cup of unsalted butter – don’t forget to soften it before cooking;
- A cup of brown sugar;
- 1/3 cup of molasses;
- An egg
For the icing, you will need:
- One egg white;
- One and a half cup of icing sugar.
For the decoration, you will need:
- All possible kinds of candy canes, sweets, jelly beans and chocolate drops – whatever your imagination is capable of.
- A template or something to cut out the details of the house. Use the template to cut out the cookie parts.
How to prepare
- Mix flour, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and put the mixture aside.
- Use another bowl to mix the butter, brown sugar and molasses. Use a mixer to make the substance creamy. Add the egg. Then mix dry ingredients with the creamy mixture. Do it with a wooden spoon as careful as possible.
- Separate the dough in two parts. Put them in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C and prepare the parchment paper.
- Spread a little flour on the table and knead the dough for a minute. Roll out a 3 mm thick sheet. Cut out the parts of the house with a pattern out of the two sheets of dough.
- Bake the dough for approximately 10 minutes till it gets light brown.
- For the icing whisk icing sugar with the egg until the substance is smooth.
- Use a pastry bag to spread icing on the edges of the cookies and assemble the parts of the house together.
- Leave for 24 hours to dry.
CHRISTMAS TREE COOKIES
One of the coolest desserts for Christmas party. 20 minutes of preparation, 12 minutes of cooking and half an hour in the fridge for and output often cookie trees.
You will need:
- One and a quarter of a cup of flour, unbleached;
- Three-quarters of a cup of unsalted butter. It should be softened beforehand;
- A quarter of a teaspoon of salt;
- A quarter of a cup of cocoa powder;
- Three-quarters of a cup of icing sugar for decoration;
- A template to cut out the cookies.
How to prepare
- The oven should be preheated to 180 °C. You’ll need parchment paper.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt together. Put the dry mixture aside.
- Mix butter and sugar to get a creamy mass. Slowly add the dry mass in it and stir carefully. Add milk if the dough feels dry. Put the dough in the plastic bag and into the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Cover the work surface with flour and roll the dough into a 3-mm thick sheet. It will be enough for twenty cookies. Bake them for about 12 minutes.
- Let them get cool.
- Connect the parts of cookie trees together and decorate them with false snow – the icing sugar.